In iOS 5.0 iPad users can now turn on or enable private browsing in Safari. This feature allows you to browse internet pages on the iPad without a record of your activities being stored in Safari’s history.
You Will Need
- iPad with iOS 5.0 or later
- Press the physical “Home” button to return to the iPad’s home app screen.
- Select the “Settings” app icon
- Next select “Safari” from the left hand menu to enter iPad’s Safari settings
- In the resulting screen, switch the “Private Browsing” switch under the Privacy section to “On” to enable private browsing on the iPad.
Simply reverse the above directions at any time to turn off private browsing.