A fairly common question that I get asked by iPad owners is how to transfer an eBook to their iPad. The quick answer is that you import the eBook into iTunes and then sync it to your iPad via iTunes. This procedure is helpful if you already own some eBooks and have just bought a new iPad that you wish to transfer these eBooks to. For detailed instructions on how to open an eBook to your iPad, read on.
You Will Need:
- iPad (any generation)
- Computer with iTunes
- iPad to USB cable
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Under the “File” menu, open “Add to Library”. Mac users can use Command-O for this.
- Navigate to the eBook file on your computer that you want to transfer onto the iPad and select this.
- Connect your iPad to the computer and wait until it shows up under the Devices section on the left hand side.
- Click your iPad’s name from the left side of iTunes and navigate to the Books tab.
- Make sure that the “Sync Books” box is checked.
- Select either “All Books” or “Selected Books”, in which case you will need to place a check next to the eBook(s) that you wish to sync to the iPad.
- Once you have finished selecting which eBooks sync, click the Sync/Apply button in the bottom right.
That’s all it takes to add eBooks to your iPads, which can be read in the iBooks app.
Do you use your iPad for reading eBooks? What are your thoughts on the iPad as an e-reader? Voice your thoughts in the comments below!