A surprising number of iPad owners don’t realize that you can save drafts of emails on your iPad.
How do I know this? Well, because some of my readers routinely ask me how to save drafts in iPad Mail.
This quick tutorial will show you how to save drafts in iPad email so that you can get back to them when you have time. Oh, and it also works for saving drafts in iPhone mail.
You Will Need:
- iPad or iPhone (any generation)
1. Open Mail on your iPad or iPhone and be sure to type something in one of the fields (To, CC, Subject, or Body).
2. Find and press the “Cancel” button in the upper left of the email.
3. A menu will pop up with options of:
- Delete Draft
- Save Draft
4. To find your saved email draft on the iPhone or iPad, there is the easy way and the hard way.
- For the easy way, read this.
- For the hard way (why are you doing this?!?!), you will need to back all the way out to the list of Inboxes and Accounts within Mail. Do this by pressing the button in upper left of the screen (which says your email address) so that you see a list of Inboxes and Accounts. Under Accounts, not Inboxes, select the email account that you used to write the draft.
5. You will see a list of folders in the resulting screen. Select the Drafts folder to see the draft you saved.
That’s all you need to do to save drafts on the iPad!
If you’re interested in more email tips, here’s a few other helpful tutorials relating to iPad/iPhone Mail:
- How to Make Bold/Italic/Underlined Text in iPad Mail
- How to Archive Email on the iPad – A lot of people don’t know about this one
Do you know any great iPad Mail tips or tricks that are worth sharing? Let’s hear ‘em in the comments!