The iPad’s native Mail app received a number of significant updates in iOS 5.0, including the ability to create bold, italic, and underlined text. The process for doing this is similar to the cut, copy, and paste method that most iPad users are already familiar with. Keep in mind that this functionality is currently limited to the Mail app only. Read down to learn how to make text bold, underlined, or highlighted in iPad Mail.
You Will Need:
- iPad or iPad Mini with iOS 5.0 or later
- Open the iPad Mail app to get started.
- Begin composing a new email message and type a few words in the body of the email.
- Now press and hold your finger on top of one of the words until the “Select/Select All/Paste” menu pops up. Press either “Select” to select only the one word or “Select All” to select everything. Note that you can also adjust the highlighted text by dragging the end of the selected text.
- Once you have the text highlighted, you will see the “Cut/Copy/Paste” menu above the text. Press the arrow on the right side of this menu to scroll over to “B I U” button and select this option.
- The “Bold/Italic/Underline” menu will now be displayed above the highlighted text. Press the appropriate button to make the text bold, italic, or underlined.
If you do not have iOS 5.0 yet, learn how to upgrade an iPad to iOS 5.0 in a few easy steps. Note that iOS 5.0 will not be released to the general public until Fall of 2011.