Perhaps the most convenient feature of iOS 5.0 is the ability to back up an iPad to iCloud (more on how to configure iOS 5.0 here). iCloud can back up your iPad’s photos, documents, settings and accounts. iCloud comes free with every Apple ID and includes 5 GB of storage. Learn how to configure any iPad to automatically backup to iCloud as well as how to manually backup when needed.
You Will Need:
- iPad or iPad Mini with iOS 5.0
- Apple ID
- Press the “home” button to return to the home screen.
- Open iPad settings.
- Within the settings menu, select “iCloud” from the left hand menu.
- To automatically back up the iPad using iCloud, turn the “Back Up to iCloud” switch to “On”.
- To manually back up the iPad, select the “Back Up Now” button at the bottom of the screen.